EEW Energy from Waste
EEW Energy from Waste is the market leading energy-from-waste Company in Germany with activities in Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
EQT Infrastructure II acquired a 51% stake in EEW in March 2013, and developed the business in partnership with E.ON, one of Europe’s largest energy groups. In April 2015, EQT Infrastructure II purchased the remaining 49% of the shares. In February 2016, EQT agreed to sell EEW to Beijing Enterprises Holdings.
- SektorEnergy & Environmental
- Ansvarig AdvisorMatthias Fackler
- FondEQT Infrastructure II
EEW is the market leading Energy-from-Waste company in Germany, also active in Luxembourg and the Netherlands. With 1,050 employees the company operates 18 Energy from Waste plants and produces electricity, district heating and process steam for industrial use. The plants are modern facilities with state-of-the-art technology, frequently updated to meet the latest technological standards. EEW operates an installed waste capacity of around 4.7 million tonnes making an important contribution to European sustainable economy and playing a vital part in the local energy infrastructure, producing in total 6 TWh of energy. In 2014, EEW generated sales of about EUR 539 million.
Throughout its ownership, EQT Infrastructure II has supported EEW in significant growth, both organically and through selected strategic acquisitions. The management team and corporate governance structure have been strengthened, and EQT Infrastructure II has driven transformation of EEW into a highly efficient organization focused on providing long-term, environmentally friendly waste disposal solutions and energy-from-waste production.