EQT promotes responsible investment and ownership practices and increased transparency in the private equity and financial industry. EQT is actively engaged in discussions with investors, peers and advisors as well as supports and participates in various conferences and seminars. EQT is an active member of Invest Europe and participates in its various other working groups/forums, including being represented on the RI Roundtable.
In addition, EQT engages in various organizations, including:
- DVCA - The Danish Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- FVCA - The Finnish Venture Capital Association
- NVCA - The Norwegian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- SVCA - The Swedish Private Equity and Venture Capital Industry Association
- PRI - PRI is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment with over 2,000 signatories. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole. EQT became a signatory to the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment in 2010 and has since 2013/14 reported according to the PRI Reporting Framework. All EQT’s responses in the reports are public.
- BSR - BSR is a global non-profit business network and consultancy dedicated to sustainability. BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. EQT works together with BSR on due diligence, evaluation processes in order to address sustainability throughout the entire investment and ownership period.
- FCLTGlobal - FCLTGlobal is a non-profit organization with the mission of rebalancing capital markets to support a long-term, sustainable economy, and stimulating long-term behavior across the investment value chain. FCLTGlobal conducts research and develops tools to drive long-term value, with the guiding principle that working toward short-term financial targets comes at the expense of long-term value creation. EQT collaborates with FCLT and other members on various aspects of their research agenda.
Collaborations with academia
EQT collaborates with academia, including meeting with, and presenting to, different schools and universities, and participating in interviews for several research papers on sustainability. EQT collaborates with organizations and institutions such as Stockholm School of Economics (including the J&M Wallenberg Chair in Innovative and Sustainable Business) and Vinnova Development, just to mention a few.
Collaborations with focus on diversity
- Level 20 - Level20 is a not-for-profit organisation founded in 2015 by 12 women working in senior roles in private equity, aligned around a common vision of improving gender diversity in the industry. EQT has been an active promoter to the roll-out into the Nordics.
- Out Investors ('OI') - OI is a global organization that was founded with the mission to make the direct investing industry more welcoming for LGBT+ individuals. They run events and programs involving LGBT+ investment professionals and investment adjacent roles such as portfolio value creation, fund management and investor relations.
- 10,000 BI - 10,000 Black Interns seeks to offer 2,000 internships each year for five consecutive years. They have partnered up with firms from 24 different sectors, delivering internships across a range of internal business functions. Each internship offered presents the opportunity to change a life. Each interview offered provides invaluable experience and each training session can genuinely change an individual’s trajectory.
- Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) - Diversity in Action -
The ILPA Diversity in Action initiative brings together limited partners and general partners who share a commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the private equity industry. The goal of the initiative is to motivate market participants to engage in the journey towards becoming more diverse and inclusive and to build momentum around the adoption of specific actions that advance DEI over time.
- Equality Group Index - The Equality Group Inclusive PE & VC Index 2021 is a comprehensive evaluation tool that analyses fund performance on inclusion, diversity and equity over the past 12 months. It allows funds to benchmark themselves to peer organisations and develop meaningful actions to continually improve on social sustainability performance.
- Door step school - Educating children in the slums of Mumbai Children who grow up in the slums often have parents who are illiterate and it is not unusual that they drop out of school at an early age to take care of siblings or help provide for the family. Despite different initiatives by the Indian government to enroll children in school, results show that there is still much to do. More than half of students in Grade 5 cannot read a simple sentence and 75% cannot divide. Door Step School is a non-profit organization providing educational support to vulnerable children in the slums of Mumbai. EQT has supported Door Step School since 2010. Administration is paid by EQT to make sure that 100% of our support reaches the project. Furthermore, EQT matches all individual contributions made by our employees.