EQT Future strengthens Mission Board and installs seasoned bench of Impact Advisors
EQT Future is pleased to announce the assignment of a new Mission Board member and four Impact Advisors who bring decades of leadership experience within sustainable business development, governance and public policy from organizations, such as UNICEF, the Global Impact Investment Steering Group, and TOMRA.
EQT Future is pleased to announce the assignment of a new Mission Board member and four Impact Advisors who bring decades of leadership experience within sustainable business development, governance and public policy from organizations such as UNICEF, the Global Impact Investment Steering Group, and TOMRA.
EQT Future’s Mission Board is strengthened with Henrietta Fore, former Executive Director of UNICEF; and the individuals joining as Impact Advisors are; Laurie Spengler, Founder & CEO of Courageous Capital Advisor; Nicola Kimm, Chief Sustainability Officer and board member of HeidelbergCement; Stefan Ranstrand is the Former President & CEO of TOMRA; and Valerie Mosley, board member of Eaton Vance’s family of mutual funds.
EQT Future’s Mission Board is a close sparring partner to its advisory team, providing external competence, credibility and objectivity to the fund’s strategic direction while setting the bar high for its commitment to drive positive impact. In joining the Mission Board, Henrietta brings further expertise to an already stellar group of high-caliber business executives that includes Paul Polman, former CEO of Unilever; Jacob Wallenberg, Chairperson of Investor AB; Ho Ching, recently retired CEO of Temasek; Naina Lal Kidwai, former Country Head of HSBC India; and Svein Tore Holsether, President and CEO of Yara International. Hedda Pahlson-Moller, Co-founder and CEO of TIIME.org, is Impact Director for the Mission Board, responsible for its coordination and the development of the EQT Future fund’s impact objectives.
The Impact Advisors will actively participate in EQT Future’s investment process from sourcing and due diligence, to value creation, and exit, holding the fund’s advisory team to account in respect to impact execution and measurement. The advisors will join the boards of EQT Future’s portfolio companies to ensure ongoing discourse between the management and board, and help drive progress in line with the fund’s ESG KPIs.
- Henrietta Fore served as the 7th global Executive Director of UNICEF, between 2018-2022. She is a member of the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board, the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Henrietta has a long track record in public policy and has served in five United States Presidential appointments in USAID, State, Treasury and the United States Mint.
- Laurie Spengler is the Founder & CEO of Courageous Capital Advisors, through which she has been a leading ambassador for gender smart investing, and she is also the former CEO of Enclude Capital UK Limited and Central European Advisory Group. Laurie is a Global Ambassador for the Global Impact Investment Steering Group, established under the auspices of theG8.
- Nicola Kimm is the Chief Sustainability Officer and board member of HeidelbergCement. She is the former Global Head of Sustainability & Environment, Health & Safety at Signify and the former Global Head of Sustainability, Environment, Health & Safety at Philips Lighting. Nicola also serves on EQT AB’s board of directors.
- Stefan Ranstrand is the Former President & CEO of TOMRA. He is a board member of Belimo and served on the board of the Alliance to end Plastic Waste between 2019-2021. Furthermore, Stefan is the former Head of High Voltage Products/SVP at ABB and in 2018 he was named "The Best CEO in the Sustainable Resource Management Industry" by The European CEO Awards.
- Valerie Mosley, serves on numerous boards, including Eaton Vance, Dynex, Progress Investment Management Company, New York State’s Common Retirement Pension Fund Investment Advisory Committee, and the UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust’s Investment Risk Advisory Committee. Valerie is a former SVP and Partner at Wellington Management Company, a USD 900bn global money management firm.
Anders Misund, Partner and Head of EQT Future’s Advisory Team, said, “We are honored to welcome such a seasoned group of experts to serve as advisors to EQT Future. We are all united in a shared passion and mission to make a positive impact. The combination of their unique experiences and long track records within impact and development are an added strength to EQT Future and its portfolio companies."