The EQT Foundation was established in 2019 to act as a long-term shareholder of EQT and house EQT’s global philanthropic activities.
EQT Foundation is closely connected to and aligned with the values, thematic investment expertise, and entrepreneurial spirit of EQT.
- The EQT Foundation holds around one percent of the shares in EQT AB and has a right to appoint a member of the nomination committee of EQT AB, acting as an eternal steward of the EQT culture and values.
- EQT Foundation is structurally independent from EQT and is managed by the EQT Foundation’s Partners’ Committee. High-performing EQT employees with a deep and long-term commitment to EQT, may be invited to become partners of this committee, as part of their career development at EQT.
- Through its engagement platform, EQT Foundation offers learning and career development opportunities for employees at EQT, inviting EQTarians to work hands-on with impact entrepreneurs and their innovative solutions.
Backing entrepreneurs and researchers
EQT Foundation does impact-first investments in early-stage impact startups, meaning investments where the financial return is less important than the potential impact the startup can offer to society. EQT Foundation also supports research projects that accelerate the shift to impact economies.
- A disruptive solution that has the potential to avoid/remove significant amounts of CO2 or improve the lives of people currently neglected by our society and cultural conditioning
- Startups that are building an impact-first, for-profit business model that can be scaled globally
- Outstanding team
- Clear added value of being connected with EQT expertise and network